A sweet and sour pachadi or chutney made of tantalizing ingredients like raw mango, tamarind, jaggery and neem flowers.
- 2 tsp neem flower
- 4 tsp chrushed jaggery (gur)
- One small lemon size ball of tamarind made into thick tamarind water (imli)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds(rai dana)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped raw mango (kachcha aam)
- 1 c water
How to make ugadi pachadi:
- First add the raw mango pieces to the tamarind water and bring it to boil.
- Boil it till mango pieces are tender
- Now to this add jaggery and let it cook till it melts and blends into the mixture
- Remove from heat and keep aside
- Now in a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds let them splutter, add neem flower and fry till light brown
- Now add chilli powder and salt
- Mix well
- Take this neem flower tadka and add it to the tamarind and mango juice
- Serve in small quantities as an accompaniment to the main course food.