Rava dosa is a favourite recipe in our house. I make this once every two weeks. There are different versions in the measurements of riceflour, sooji and maida and I have tried many. Somehow I am comfortable with this version as it is quick and easy to make. It tastes delicious with sambar and chutney.
- 2 cups semolina (sooji, rava)
- 1/2 cup rice (chawal) flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- salt (namak) to taste
- 1 inch ginger (adrak)
- 4 green chillies
- 10-12 curry leaves (kari patta)
- 1/4 cup coconut (narial) (scraped)
- 12 cashewnuts
- 2 tblsp
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tblsp vegetable fat (ghee)
- refined oil (tel) to fry
- Blend rava, rice flour and buttermilk to make a thin batter, add asafoetida
and required salt. Stand the batter for at least 6 hours.
- Wash and finely chop the ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Chop the
coconut and cashew nut into very small bits.
- Crush the peppercorns and cumin seeds. Heat the ghee and roast peppercorn
and cumin seeds in it and add to the batter.
- Mix the chopped greens, coconut and cashew into the batter. Stir well.
- Grease a non-stick tawa, smear little oil. Pour a ladle full of the batter
and spread by swirling the tava.
- Pour a tablespoon oil around and on the dosa.
- Cook till it is crisp and golden in color. Remove and serve hot.